SDIL Software Engineer – Entry level
- Job ID
- Job Locations
- Software Engineering
More information about this job
Barrios Technology Ltd. is a woman-owned and operated small business headquartered in Houston, Texas. We provide a full spectrum of engineering, operations and related technology services in support of the aerospace community and have successfully supported NASA for over 36 years. Barrios Technology presently works as the prime contractor for the Mission and Program Integration (MAPI) contract along with four subcontractor companies to provide support to International Space Station activities at NASA’s Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX). In addition Barrios Technology provides subcontractor support to:
- Boeing on the Boeing Engineering and Technical Services (BETS) contract at both NASA’s Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX) and Marshall Space Flight Center (Huntsville, AL)
- Jacobs Technology on the JSC Engineering and Technical Services (JETS) contract at NASA’s Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX)
- Teledyne Brown Engineering on the Mission Operations and Integration (MOI) contract at Marshall Space Flight Center (Huntsville, AL)
- COLSA Corporation on the Huntsville Operations Support Center (HOSC) contract at Marshall Space Flight Center (Huntsville, AL)
Our long-term client relationship with Boeing Corporation has led to a need for a SDIL Software Engineer – Entry level on the Boeing Engineering and Technical Services (BETS-SWS) contract located in Houston, Texas.
BETS-SWS provides support Boeing’s Houston-based International Space Station, Space Shuttle, and other site programs under the Boeing Engineering & Technical Services Support (BETS) contracts. BETS consists of six unique support areas, and the Barrios team provides software development support including the critical flight software used by NASA to support to ISS and Space Shuttle programs.
The SDIL Software Engineer – Entry level candidate will join the NASA International Space Station (ISS) Software Development and Integration Laboratory (SDIL) software team in Houston, TX. Team responsibilities include design, development, testing, documentation and maintenance of flight software for the International Space Station (ISS), including commanding applications and upgrades and testing of existing applications.
The successful candidate will specialize in one or more phases of software development lifecycle including analyzing requirements, developing a design, constructing tests, maintaining real-time software systems; devising and/or modifying procedures to solve complex problems considering equipment capacity and limitations, operating time.
The SDIL Software Engineer – Entry level will:
- Follow established processes and procedures for the full software engineering lifecycle, including analysis, design, code, unit test, and integration test.
- Design, code, and test solutions to complex requirements/problems.
- Analyze reported software anomalies and identify the cause and the solution.
- Perform software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis, software modeling and simulation and hardware/software integration testing and anomaly resolution.
- Support, maintain and document software functionality.
- Integrate software with existing systems.
- Evaluate and identify new technologies.
- Assist with the development and documentation of software requirements for test support equipment and system integration lab components.
- Design computer platforms and associated software architectures.
- Select, analyze and test software development tools and integrated infrastructure components.
- Implement individual code modules and integrate into complex software systems.
- Assist in monitoring hardware suppliers’ performance to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Support resolution of hardware/software integration issues and product anomalies.
- Research basic technologies for potential application to company business needs.
- Support the verification and validation of requirements and design by assisting with traceability and Responsible for writing application integration scripts, maintaining software version control, utilizing and understanding software Application Program Interfaces (APIs).
- Interface with contributing team members and several other teams.
- Support ad-hoc troubleshooting and discrepancy resolution and develop solutions to problems including writing dedicated test procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal using the English language.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Course projects with embedded programming or control systems.
- Efficient problem solving skills.
- Successful course completion in C/C++ or similar object oriented programming languages.
- Electrical Engineering Discipline.
- NASA or DOD internships in software engineering.
- IL-STD 1553 or similar communication protocols.
- Applicant selected must be a US citizen and may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.)
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required. Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation
Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised
Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.