Salary range: $47,270 to $71,851 (usual starting salary is $47,270)
Pay Grade: 17
Location: 13013 Northwest Freeway Houston, TX 77040
Job Type: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Closing date: May 4, 2017
The purpose of this position is to develop computer-based solutions, processes, and procedures as a member of the Information Technology Division. This development will include data and database analysis, relational database design and programming, and process implementation in a relational database environment utilizing both client-server and Cloud-based solutions. It will necessitate mastery of the in-house-developed and vendor-supplied applications already in place. Support for the existing solutions will provide opportunity and need for business process analysis, with objectives of streamlining, automation, and other process improvements.
This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The list of essential functions below does not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent in this position.
• Works with Business Analysis team to identify and define stated goals and objectives, scope design and implementation, document and deploy mission-critical applications and processes.
• Confirms effective program operation by conducting tests and modifying program coding or sequences.
• Maintains proper documentation of applications and processes.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Develops and maintains applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing software systems.
• Participates in cross-training of staff members.
Bachelor’s Degree with a major emphasis in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, related fields of study or equivalent experience.
Entry level database programming experience in a client/server environment for multi-user solutions using Microsoft SQL Server Database and Reporting Services, T-SQL, and the Cloud. Experience employing effective business analysis skills.
• Relational database design with Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2 or later
• Programming database solutions with T-SQL
• Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) fundamentals
• Troubleshooting and problem solving
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Time Management
• Attention to detail
• Business and process analysis
• Team player
• Goal & service oriented
• Microsoft Reporting Services
• Cloud computing
• Source Control using Team Foundation Services
• Enterprise libraries
• Crystal Reports
• Microsoft Visio or equivalent workflow diagramming tool
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to lift up to 50 pound file boxes. The position requires considerable flexibility, concentration, creativity, and ability to manage time effectively. The position is subject to stress caused by a changing public environment, mandatory deadlines and heavy workload. Requires the ability to ask questions that will bring forth the information needed to make sound decisions
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Harris County Appraisal District is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.